Pre-sales of new home lots are strong, and a sneak preview of showhomes has Cochrane residents dreaming of joining the ultimate live, work, play community.
Locals and potential purchasers who have been watching the transformation of the former gravel pit in Cochrane will have more to see at the official grand opening of Greystone, on September 23, 2023.
The most eager buyers have already snapped up many of the first pre-sale lots in the community. Many builders already opened showhomes for early viewing.
Recently crews have installed finishing touches on landscaping at the first installed playground in the neighborhood. Climbing equipment, asphalt paths, and thoughtfully designed garden beds complete the space where kids are already enjoying their favorite playground games.
Select builder show homes are open ahead of schedule for viewing. Builder personnel are available for private tours, lot holds, and to meet with customers to help with floorplans or pricing in the first phases. Some builders are even near to selling out of their presale inventory of lots, but with more phases coming there's plenty of reason to visit.
Greystone is a new community that saw developers make over a former gravel pit into an inviting and lush river-side location, with home styles and prices that promise to appeal to a wide range of purchasers - from first-time buyers to families moving up into larger homes, or singles and downsizing adults.
A family-friendly event will celebrate the unveiling of the first show homes. Plus local business owners might want to check out the opportunity to snag a commercial lot or secure a lease in new spaces built and unveiled by The Ocgrow Group at their discovery centre near the east side of the development.
The official grand opening September 23 will be a chance for the public to socialize with neighbours, take in some freebie entertainment while strolling through the stunning set of show homes. It's a great chance for Cochrane residents to see firsthand what is happening in their community, and to stay in the loop on the progress of this long-awaited project.
When you join friends and neighbors at Greystone, you'll meet the builders, see beautiful show homes and discover:
1. Lush outdoor play spaces: Find out how the vision to transform a decommissioned gravel pit from “barren to breathtaking” will bring new life to downtown Cochrane, complete with 35 acres of park and public space for everyone to enjoy. Nature lovers and adventure-seekers alike can see how Greystone achieved a “green” standard that is above and beyond town requirements, with 12.5% of the area landscaped.
2. Avalon Master Builder: Find out if it makes sense to consider a “Net Zero” home that creates the same amount of energy that it uses, and connect with Avalon Master Builder selling townhomes in the $400,000 range. The builder is also meeting demand for rental units with a solar-powered project that promises residents to live on friendlier terms with Mother Nature.
3. Vertos: Check out Vertos Vertos luxury townhomes that were designed to appeal to savvy singles or couples who are eager for easier weekends and no yard work.
4. Green Cedar Homes: Active and growing families feeling the pinch of tight quarters can check out the options for some of the largest properties currently available in Greystone, built by Green Cedar Homes. They will featurie up to five bedrooms, and include a long list of elevated finishing items, plus spacious backyards for outdoor living, in most cases priced lower than Calgary’s equivalent.
5. Prominent Homes: The builder considered the most-requested features when they drew up plans. They made sure garages met expectations to accommodate larger vehicles that so many Albertans need for careers that take them out to remote locations, or on highways where they indulge in outdoor weekend recreation. Prominent promises homebuyers get more for their money starting in the $600,000 range for bungalows.
6. Rohit Group of Companies: Premium fashion finishes will elevate interior living for Greystone homebuyers, thanks to a vision created by celebrity designer Louis Duncan-He, known through HGTV and leading design magazines. A set of memorably unique, but timelessly classic interior choices for buyers was tasked with the challenge to create “anything but your typical suburban home” by Rohit Group of Companies.
7. Douglas Homes: Smart-sized properties make sense from a price and cost of maintenance perspective for a range of buyers, the team at Douglas Homes discovered. Their models are selling quickly to both first-time purchasers and empty-nesters who want to ditch their dated and oversized family homes. The designs offered in the $400,000 range hit a sweet spot for affordability and functionality, and the selection of lots with rear lanes offer the potential for detached garages where outdoor gear can be kept organized.
What: Official Greystone Grand Opening
When: Saturday, September 23.
Who can attend: The public is welcome to attend a family event and show home opening: 12 pm - 4 pm - west entrance.